Saturday, March 5, 2011

Toilet Paper tubes and "twying".

Did you ever use a bathroom at my house and wonder why there are piles and piles of empty toilet paper tubes? Well, it's amazing what you can make with them, and I couldn't even begin to think of all the things, but I save them knowing that they will get used. I bet Xander has 5 ideas in his head as we speak.

Someone once told me that children who grow up in cluttered homes are more creative than those who don't. If that is true, my children will be creative geniuses. Xander demonstrates this on a daily basis. Give that kid a roll of scotch tape, some paper, markers, and some string and the kid can create anything. Needless to say, we buy scotch tape in bulk at Costco. $12 is a small price to pay for a kiddos love and admiration, and hours and hours of entertainment.

Xander's Toilet Paper Tube Tank

On a different note, Ruby is cuter than ever. She is talking more, which is hilarious. She has her own little accent, and starts every word with a T sound. Clothes is toes, fell it tell and so on. I have especially been working on teaching her how to say feet. She might be twelve and stuttering with the F sound, but at least she wont be telling people to tickle her "tits" which is what it sounds like the way she says it now. It's funny as all get out.

The other night Ken had to work late, then go do his home teaching, so I was getting the kids ready for bed myself. I was drying Ruby off and telling her that we'd brush her teeth, get pj's on and then read books, say prayers and go to bed. She looks up at me all wet and cute in her flower petal towel, and says "I just go to my room and Trwy." Oh Ruby, why are you going to go to your room and cry? "I want daddy sing me Siwent Night." Ruby, I can sing you Silent Night.
Then, I got the look. "I want DADDY sing me Siwent Night." Okay. I put her to bed, but the little stinker stayed awake till daddy came home and sang to her.

Who's chopped liver? Um, that would be me.

Here's a video of Ruby and her cute words.




No comments: