Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Today and yesterday made up for my not so great Monday. Xander was actually pretty funny. I was laying on the couch and he came up and blew on my nose. I asked him what that was all about and he said "I'm trying to blow you up." Well, that makes complete sense. I should have guessed that.

For dinner yesterday I tried to make sweet and sour meat balls over rice. I used a small ice cream scoop to make the meat balls because raw meat grosses me out. I guess they didn't get packed together good enough because they kind of spread out when they cooked. So, for dinner we had Meat blobs and "maggots". (For those unfamiliar with Calvin and Hobbes, "maggots" is rice.) We all sat around the table and cheered "meat blobs! meat blobs! meat blobs" and to the bat man theme "nah, na, nah, na, nah, na, nah, na, nah, na, nah, na, nah, MEAT BLOBS!" Even Ruby got into the fun and was clapping her hands and waving them in the air. Dinner was very tasty. Below is the recipe, I made it without the carrots because I didn't have any. I also didn't have any tomato paste so I used a large can of tomato sauce and it still turned out great.

http://www.recipezaar.com/Sweet-and-Sour-Meatballs-Oriental-Sweet-and-Sour-Meatballs-90355

Today Xander was a jet powered Pterodactyl. He said, "Mommy, I'm jet powered..." okay Xander. "Yeah, my butt is my engine." Okay... so you really are gas powered, "Yup. My butt is my engine." Gosh I love that little boy.

Ruby's ears are no longer oozing puss, so that is a good thing. But, in exchange for the oozing puss ears she now has antibiotic acid pooh. I've been putting acidophilus in her formula to help, but if it's not one thing, it's another.

Which brings to mind an advertisement I saw on TV this evening for a medication called Latisse (by the maker of Botox) that is supposed to thicken and lengthen your eye lashes. Yeah, you read that right. Eye lashes. Can you imagine the side effects for that??!! You've got to be kidding me! I guess one of the side effects of it is that it can change your eye color to brown or make your eyes have brown speckles. Holey moley folks. Why can't we just be happy with what God gave us? Three words for people who don't think mascara is enough: Fake eye lashes
enough said.

And last and certainly least is something that has been on my mind all day long. Miracle Whip vs Mayonnaise. I know it sounds weird, it's something I've never given much thought to until this last trip to Utah. I grew up in house that only uses Miracle Whip. No mayonnaise to be found. I remember thinking that mayonnaise was nasty and that was that. I think that most households only use one or the other but rarely both.

I'm not sure when I made my conversion to mayonnaise. Did it slowly happen? Did I become a mayo eater when I started dating Ken? Did I change to a mayo eater for him? When did I actually start buying mayo? And how on earth did I ever eat miracle whip? They say it has zip, but it tastes like rotten mayonnaise to me.

2 comments:

Just Kris said...

He He! I love your little stories Carrie : )

Brooke said...

Your brain has great power for remembering and then putting down the days event in exciting ways.
As for the Mayo vs Miracle Whip: We of course grew up on miracle whip. Mayo on a sandwich is sort of gaggy to me. But I keep mayo around for coleslaw.